Breast PET - Oncovision
Overcoming breast cancer with Technology and personal Care
Functional Vision and the expanding role of PET
Whole-body PET has been confirmed, after some early conflicting reports about its sensitivity and poor resolution, as "very valuable"at multiple stages in breast cancer assessment, and a key element, complementary and often superior to others, in diagnosing palpable masses, staging of tumors and lymph nodes, tumor characterization, long term follow up, assessment of results of chemotherapy, identification of distant metastases..
The option of dedicated PET (PEM, Positron Emission Mammography) in Breast cancer assessment
Whole-body PET can detect distant metastasis and assess the axilla, PEM are offering unprecedented resolution, specificity and convenience, both for diagnosis, characterization and follow up of both invasive and in situ, ductal or lobular carcinomas:
Early studies demonstrated that PEM is capable of imaging smaller breast cancers than standard Whole-body PET.
The classical mammography position can be less effective (due to breast compression) in small breasts, lesions near thoracic wall, and located in superior external quadrant, as well as very low captation tumors.
Designed with women in mind.
Clinical advantages of MAMMI
1. Unprecedented high spatial resolution: 1.4 mm
- For detection of early tumors and unprecedented accuracy
- Demonstrated performance at least equal to whole body PET
2. Natural, no compression prone position for improved sensitivity and detection of difficult lesions
- Near thoracic wall. Multicentric…
3. Whole breast TRUE 3D reconstruction with quantification of tumor activity
- Decisive for measuring QT /RT efficacy
4. Very fast: acquisition total time varying from 5 (standard) to 15 minutes
5. Exclusive, propietary single continuous crystal technology and software: safe and effective with VERY low tracer dosage
- Clear lesion differentiation in dense, small, breast with prosthesis
6. Remarkably easy to use and fully reliable, even with intensive use
7. Very comfortable exploration bed, adaptable to any practice
8. Accurate 3D images and SUV quantification
9. Large field of view: 170 (Ø) x 170 (L) mm